Chickpea Flour Pancakes
Looking for something tasty and easy to digest?
Chickpea flour pancakes may be the answer! These are a perfect addition to a simple dal or warm cup of soup and are suitable after cleanse days to give some extra substance as you ease into a solid food diet.
Be creative with the spice blends.
You can incorporate your agni digestive spices in the mix with the addition of sesame seeds or coconut, or try any variation of digestive blends. Vegetables can be added like grated carrots, fresh herbs or greens.
If you are looking for a vegan option, omit the takra and just use water.
Our favorite way to eat Chickpea Flour Pancakes is with lots of cilantro, sprinkled with fresh Maine sea salt from Slacktide Maine on the side of a simple Turmeric Lemon Dal. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Total time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup chickpea flour (garbanzo flour)
- 1 cup takra (*see recipe*)
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 chili pepper or bell pepper chopped fine
- thumb of fresh grated ginger
- pinch hing
- 1/4 tsp roasted fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp roasted cumin seed
- 1/4 tsp roasted ajwain seeds (carom seed)
- 1/4 tsp roasted dill seed
- himalayan salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- small handful fresh cilantro or parsley chopped
- ghee or coconut oil for frying